Title ~ Renovating A Heart
Series ~ Love Under Construction, Book Three
Author ~ Deanndra Hall
Genre ~ Erotic Romance
Check out the entire Series ~ Find out for yourself what all the hype is about!
FREE ONLY $0.99
Steve McCoy survived a harrowing youth and a horrible tragedy and still made it as a successful attorney and businessman. And he’s managed to keep his broken, battered heart under wraps by working with short-term submissives at his popular BDSM club, Eden’s Gate.
Until Kelly Markham came along. Kelly’s history was as bad or worse than Steve’s. She lost the only man she ever loved, a faithful, loving Dom, but she never lost hope. When she’s invited to visit Eden’s Gate, she feels like she’s finally found a home. Better yet, she finds a man who’ll help her reintegrate into the community, even if his help is only offered for one month.
Unfortunately, Kelly discovers that being Steve’s submissive is not easy. Matter of fact, when she accidentally trips a trigger from Steve’s history, being his submissive could actually be dangerous, even deadly. Steve’s determined to keep her at a distance and never show her his heart, but can he hold out when he realizes his best shot at a happily ever after might not survive?
20 Fun Facts – Steve
1. When he was in grade school, Steve used to scavenge drink bottles, turn them in for the
deposit, and buy a jar of marshmallow cream, which he’d eat with a spoon.
2. Steve has one implanted tooth. He called a woman at a bar a “cow” and her husband
punched him in the mouth.
3. When he was high school age he wanted to marry Cher.
4. He loves the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama; it’s his favorite place to vacation.
5. As a teenager he wanted to be a math teacher.
6. He doesn’t like to wear anything red.
7. He’s truly ambidextrous.
8. Football-wise, he’s a St. Louis Rams fan. In 2002 he told everyone at the club that if the
New England Patriots beat the Rams in the Superbowl, he’d strip naked and let the female
club members play ringtoss with his cock. A woman named Faith won in quadruple
elimination. And Steve vowed to never make a statement like that again.
9. He likes his cheese sliced a certain thickness. Too thick, too thin, he won’t eat it.
10. He got caught in bed with a jealous husband’s wife one time. After that, he never went
home with a woman again; he made them come to his place.
11. He wears jeans, but he’d rather be in chinos.
12. When he first moved to Louisville, he dated a woman who’d been a nun. For years he
said it was the best sex he ever had.
13. Steve was introduced to BDSM in college by a college buddy’s mom (and yes, she was
still married to the buddy’s dad).
14. He’s never worn a ring of any kind, even when he was married. He says they bother him.
15. He’s terrified of being carjacked. He had his car outfitted with bullet-proof glass and he
always drives with the doors locked and windows up.
16. No matter what he does, when he eats asparagus he can’t keep it down.
17. He had a boat in a marina on the Ohio River in Louisville once, but it broke loose from
its moorings and was never found. He didn’t both buying another one.
18. When he goes to a casino he leaves his debit and credit cards in the hotel safe and only
takes cash. And when it’s gone, it’s gone.
19. Steve doesn’t play any musical instrument, doesn’t sing, and really doesn’t listen to
music. It’s never been important to him.
20. Right after he got out of college, he took out a girl who turned out to be a guy. His motto
from that time forward: “When in doubt, don’t ask her out.”
20 Fun Facts – Kelly
1. Kelly likes stilettos – the higher the better. She hates being short.
2. Until that funeral, Kelly had never been in a church. Never. All she knew about church
was what she saw on TV. When she was a kid she watched reruns of The Flying Nun and
thought churches were a magical place. It made her want to be a nun. She finds that really
3. Right after she started seeing her old Dom, Gary, he decided he wanted to get his penis
pierced. She went with him and passed out cold, hit her head, and had to have a CAT scan.
4. She hates the color orange. For years she wouldn’t eat oranges either.
5. For the first two years she had her breast implants, she was terrified; she was sure they
were going to explode.
6. Maroon 5 is her favorite band; second favorite is Matchbox 20. Apparently it’s
something about numbers.
7. Pick a color and her hair’s been it. Except for orange.
8. Gary taught her to drive when she was 28. He bought her a car about three weeks before
9. She has a beautiful soprano singing voice.
10. She has two places she wants to go: Washington, D.C., and New York City.
11. Before Nikki and Tony met, Kelly was determined she was going to have Tony
12. Her favorite dessert is Key lime pie.
13. When she sneezes she sounds like a mouse squeaking.
14. The smell of bacon cooking makes her sick.
15. Her favorite drink is a Long Island Iced Tea. And she likes a sprig of rosemary in it.
16. When she was growing up she always wanted to be a ballerina.
17. In a bra, Kelly wears a 30G. She always has to order them. There’s an airbrush artist in
Louisville who paints them for her.
18. When she first moved to Louisville, she met a gorgeous guy named Matthew. They dated
for about six weeks and spent most of their time at her apartment. She was crazy about him.
He asked her to move in with him. Then she found out he lived with his mother; she said no.
19. When she was little she had a stuffed bear named Felix. She found some scissors, cut a
slit in his tummy, and stuffed food in there to “feed” him. It ended badly.
20. She had a top flog her one night in a club. When he was done she asked, “Is that all you
got?” Thirty minutes later she regretted that question.
Love Under Construction Series Dream Cast (Through Book 3)
Tony – Raoul Bova
Raffaella – Valerie Harper
As you can see, Deanndra has some serious hotties in mind when she comes up with these awesome characters!!
My Take On It:
You really do need to read this series in the correct order.
If you're familiar with my blog, you know that I'm seriously in love with this series. So, it's no surprise to anyone that I was anxiously awaiting this book. I was a little worried that Steve wouldn't be able to pull me in like Tony did, or (sigh) Vic....I shouldn't have worried. I will say that there were a couple of times I would have liked to give good ol' Steve a high five right upside his head, but still....he did redeem himself and he did bring me back from the dark side. Kelly is absolutely the best thing that ever happened to him. Her capacity for love and her courage make her the perfect mate for this largely broken man. As with the other books in this series, I was seriously drawn in and felt like I was actually part of this group of people. I know them, they are friends and family! Reading this book was much like going to visit old friends and family. I can't wait to go back!
Deanndra Hall is a working writer living in far western Kentucky. A free spirit and chronic jokester, she and her partner of over 30 years enjoy visiting their two adult children and their partners and playing with their three crazy little dogs. When she's not writing, Deanndra can be found kayaking, working out at the gym, cooking something healthy, or reading. After writing for business, industry, academia, and non-profits for years and having her work credited to others, she jumped into the fiction realm, particularly erotic fiction and erotica, and had so much fun she never looked back. Look for her on Twitter and Facebook and on her website and blog.
Connect with Deanndra
Everyday During the Tour one lucky entry will be picked randomly to win a Signed eBook from the Series.
*All entries will be eligible for the Grand Prize - A Kindle Paperwhite
(winner will be announced on May 26, 2014)a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Bookish Laurel | Here is some of what I read | Jen's All About Books | BookJunkyGirls | Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents | Love Romance Books | StarAngels Reviews | Literary Sweet | Blushing Divas Book Reviews | Lindsey Armstrong | Mad In Wonderland Reviews | A One-Click Addict's Book Blog | Wicked Reads | Bound by Books Book Review | Books and Beyond Fifty Shades | As You Wish Reviews | Wicked Women Book Blog | Deborah Bean
Deal Sharing Aunt | Smut and Bonbons | BabyCakes Book Blog | Traci Hayden | AJ's Bootylicious Book Reviews | Books and Bindings | Musings From An Addicted Reader | Heidi Ryan
Escape by Fiction | iHeartBooks by MiLo18 | Beautifully Broken Book Blog | Hines and Bigham's | Literary Tryst | Love to Read | Cajun Book Lover | Meleth Bookaddicted
Book Bangers Blog | ReadingReneeReviews | Sassy Book Diva | Anny Books | Pinky's Favorite Reads | Brazen Bibliophile | Crazy Cajun Book Addicts | Naughty Moms' Story Time
Tsukime Reads and Reviews | Books and Friendz | Books Are Love | Shavana Merrick | This Redhead LOVES Books | A Book Addict's Delight | All Things Romance | Tattered Book Blog | Jackie's Book Reviews